The Chamber’s Nonprofit Committee provides meaningful opportunities for nonprofit staff, managers and board members to come together to collaborate, and embrace the importance of growth and sustainability. The Committee serves as a resource for ongoing professional development and as a forum for sharing best practices.
Are you interested in joining the Nonprofit Committee? If so, please contact:
Lucille Geraci-Miranda at:
Geranda Projects - Management Consulting for Nonprofits
Do you have a brick and mortar facility and would like to host an in person event for your nonprofit colleagues once it is safe? Please contact Lucille to discuss.
Park in lot #4 just past the Children's Hospital and come to the front door of the RM House ($4). Make sure to keep your ticket when you pull into the lot.
Masks and proof of vaccination will be required.
If you can, please bring packaged snacks to donate to Ronald McDonald House - pretzels, chips, cookies, granola bars, etc. They are in dire need of snacks that parents and kids can grab on the go.
We're looking forward to seeing you there!
Let Us Help You Get the Word Out!
Is your organization having a Gala? Fundraiser? Volunteer Recruitment Day?
Chamber member nonprofits please contact us so we can publicize your event in our newsletter.
Save the Date
Tuesday, May 17, 2022, 8 - 9:30 am
Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 9 - 10 am
Scroll down to read about these events.
Nonprofit Newsletter Archives
- 6 Things You Can Do to Help Your Search Engine Rankings
- Featured Nonprofit: Volunteer New York!
- Gearing Up for Global Volunteer Month
- Happy Birthday to Peekskill’s Field Library!
- Giving Back Through Volunteerism – The Gift of Time
- Featured Organization: Greater Hudson Valley Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Contact Relationships Management Software…Do you have one? Need one? Want one?
- Featured Organization: The Peekskill Museum
- Broaden Your Community Connections by Mary F. Foster
- Featured Organization: HOPE for Youth Foundation by Justin Wingenroth
- The Fund Development Plan in the New Normal by Lucille Geraci Miranda, MPA
- Featured Organization: RideConnect of Westchester by Lynn Amos
- Four Steps to Succession Planning in the Era of COVID by Ivy Fairchild
- Featured Organization: The Peekskill Rotary Club by Tim Warn
- Email Marketing Best Practices for Nonprofits by Lynn Amos
- Featured Organization: Abbott House - Spotlight on Keon Programs of Abbott House by Lucille Geraci-Miranda
- Five Things You Can Do to Ensure End-of-Year Campaign Success by Ivy Fairchild
- Featured Organization: Support Connection by Justin Wingenroth
- Are You Gearing Up for Your Fall Fundraiser? by Chereese Jervis-Hill
- Featured Organization: New Era Creative Space (NECS) by Mary F. Foster
- "We Served Thousands of People This Year." So What? by Ivy Fairchild
- Featured Organization: Hudson Valley H2O by Mary F. Foster
- 8 Best Practices for Nonprofit Websites by Lynn Amos
- Featured Organization: Hudson Valley Gateway Chamber Foundation Inc. by Lucille Geraci-Miranda, M.P.A.
- Getting Your Board on Board by Lucille Geraci-Miranda, M.P.A.
- Featured Organization: Ronald McDonald House of the Greater Hudson Valley by Lynn Amos
- For the Love of Giving: Building a Culture of Philanthropy by Ivy Fairchild
- Featured Organization: NAACP, Peekskill Branch by Justin Wingenroth and Tim Warn
- Planning Virtual Event Communications by Lynn Amos
- Featured Organization: CHHOP by Lucille Geraci-Miranda
- Are you considering the Attendee Value when planning your Virtual Event? by Chereese Jervis-Hill
- Featured Organization: The Salvation Army by Tim Warn and Justin Wingenroth
- Building Organizational Infrastructure and Improving Overall Effectiveness in This World of Uncertainty: WHAT’S YOUR PLAN? by Lucille Geraci-Miranda, M.P.A.
- Featured Organization: The Captain Oliver C. Chase Jr. Post 274 by Ivy Fairchild, CFRE, MPH, MA
Let us feature your nonprofit in our monthly newsletter so hundreds of businesses and individuals will learn about the work you are doing to improve our communities. We feature one nonprofit each month. Please contact Lynn Amos, Nonprofit Committee Member.
Do you have expertise that you would like to share with your nonprofit colleagues? To write an educational article for the newsletter, please contact Lucille Geraci-Miranda, Nonprofit Committee Chairperson.