Chamber Benefits & Committees
Publicity and Promotional Opportunities
- Promotion of business events and specials in our weekly e-blasts – Complimentary Service.
- Website - The Chamber's website has is great resource of business and community information, giving you 24/7 access to tools designed to help your business succeed. All members are listed in our online business directory with a link to your website and a detailed description of your company / products / services. Our "Members Only" web pages allow members even greater access to resources.
- Complimentary business listing (by alpha and category) in our annual directory and visitor guide distributed to 10,000 homes and businesses and digital version on our website.
- Literature Displays – All members are encouraged to display their brochures and business cards in the Chamber lobby kiosk - as another way to capture new customers and attention.
- Customized sponsor packages.
- Mailing Labels - Target your marketing with the hottest mailing list in town.
- Membership Decal– 63% of consumers are more likely to buy from a Chamber member... so proudly promote your Chamber Membership with our window decal.
Development and Education
- Monthly Breakfast Meetings – Speakers representing a wide variety of topics and information present each month.
- Power Lunch Seminars – Lunch and learn.
- Small Business Development Center & SCORE - The Chamber partners with SBDC and SCORE to give Chamber members access to additional seminars and counseling designed to take your business to the next level (or even to just get started).
- Annual Awards Gala.
- Business after Hours
- Tommy Bertoline Annual Scholarship Golf Outing.
- Gift, Craft & Wellness Fair
- Hudson Valley Exposition Festival.
- Legislative Initiatives – The Chamber monitors and notifies you of important local and state issues that affect businesses and the quality of life for Manatee County citizens.
- Access to cost effective health insurance through HealthPass NY.
- Discounted Spanish Instruction.
- Referrals – The Chamber loves referring your business. Whether through phone inquiry, email, online or a visit to the Chamber’s offices, businesses, residents and visitors alike will find information about your company. Referrals through the Chamber’s website and online Membership Directory continue to grow and generate new leads for Chamber members.
- Relocation Inquiries – We can provide a list of potential new residents who have requested relocation information. Members have the ability to establish name-recognition with these new folks even before they move here.
- Ribbon Cuttings – The Chamber enjoys helping members celebrate the grand openings of their businesses by conducting ribbon cutting ceremonies and helping members promote the good news.
Chamber Committees – Chairs
Board Nominations - Jane Solnick
Finance - Lou Giordano
Membership - Marianne
Facilities - Joe Lippolis
Technology - Kish Melwani
Legislative Affairs - Ray Reber
By-Laws - Jane Solnick, Alan Dillon, Ray Reber
Ambassadors - Richard Swann
Young Professionals - Kish Melwani
Comite Latino - Co-Chairs Wilfredo Morel, Juana Pinyol
R & Marketing - Bill Powers
501c3 - Co-Chairs Larry DeNoia, Lucille Geraci-Miranda, Ray Reber
Events Manager - Lauren Brady
Hudson Valley Exposition - Committee - Cherrese Jervis-Hill, Bill Powers, Ray Wilson, Marianne Oros, Joan Sirefman
Golf Outing - Committee - Joe Lippolis, Mark Franzoso, Matt Diaz, Ken Phillips, Ken Jay, Jason Giordano, Bob Hudson, Barry Levin
Annual Dinner - Joan Sirefman, Ann Brady, Alan Drogy
Scholarship - Committee - Chuck Newman, Marie Green, Janice Molloy, Lisa Montaldo-Rodrigues, Lori Goldblatt
Ambassadors are highly visible, front-line volunteers who serve as the Chamber’s primary liaison to new Chamber members. As the goodwill arm of the Chamber, the Ambassadors Committee plays an essential role in member recruitment, communication and retention. Each Ambassador is charged with conveying member questions and concerns to Chamber staff, keeping the Chamber in line with membership needs.
- Accept new member assignments and conduct new member interviews (quality contacts), reporting relevant information from these interviews to Chamber staff at a monthly Ambassador meeting.
- Attend Chamber events to greet attendees and build relationships with new members, as well as to facilitate introductions and foster direct connections for new members.
- Facilitate group discussions at quarterly Chamber Orientation meetings.
- Attend member ribbon cuttings, grand openings and ground breakings.
- Maintain monthly contact via e-mail or phone with new member assignments.
- Volunteer at Chamber functions.
Members who are interested in joining a committee or becoming a Chamber Ambassador should contact Deb Milone at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 914-737-3600.