Field Service Technician
The field service technician is responsible for providing customers with pest control services in an assigned route and territory.
The field service technician will be assigned by geographic territory to one of four business lines; 1) Commercial, 2) Residential, 3) Tree and Turf ,or, 4) Special Services.
The Field Service Technician will report to the Field Supervisor
- Travel to customer locations to provide pest control services.
- Apply pest control solution to designated property.
- Adhere to company and OSHA/FIFA policies and procedures when carrying out pest control services
- Accurately complete required paperwork in a timely basis
- Communicate with customers to ensure satisfaction and discuss additional services that customers may need.
- Inspect property for potential breeding areas and communicate these to the customers.
- Build relationships with customers from a wide range of backgrounds to tailor solution to meet their needs.
- Seek to solve existing pest problems and recommend corrective and preventative measures.
- Operate company provided vehicle in a safe manner
- Achieve established Key Performance Indicator targets (KPI) of productivity, utilization, customer NPS survey score, and reliability/attendance.
- Perform preventative maintenance, and or, solve a pest related problem for assigned customer.
- Maintain company vehicle in accord with Department of Transportation and company guidelines. Possess Valid driving license with three plus years with no citations
- Read, write and speak English, Spanish a plus
- Strong customer service orientation, with two plus years previous experience in a customer facing role
- Ability to use personal protective equipment
- H.S. diploma
- Ability to use smart phones (apps and emailing)
- Ability to perform physical aspects of role to include walking, bending, ascending/descending stairs, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
- Knowledge of tree/shrub treatment or pest control products a plus
- Successfully complete a background check and drug test
- Ability to work both indoor/outdoor in all weather conditions
- Ability to work extended hours as needed; i.e. before 8:00am; after 5:00pm or weekends and extended overtime during busy season; March -October
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age
- License in appropriate pest control service, or ability to obtain one within one year of employment