Social Services Coordinator / Office Administrator
Social Services Coordinator and Office AdministratorPeekskill Corps
117 Nelson Avenue, Peekskill, NY 10566
Section: Program Department: Peekskill corps Status: Non-Exempt - Full Time Salary Range: $16.00 HR Responsible to: Corps Officer Contact: Moises.Muniz@USE.SalvationArmy.Org
· Candidate must have a high school diploma and a minimum of 5 years experience in Social Services and Office administrative skills.
· Must have a positive work history and reliable transportation.
· Must be responsible, respectful, positive role model and be able to follow instructions.
· Proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and others as required.
· Well organized, prepared to be sensitive to individuals’ cases.
· Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the social services provided and will oversee and manage the office.
· Attend to all calls regarding Social Services
· Respond to correspondence attending to Social Services
· Intake of applications on new clients
· Update applications on clients monthly
· Prepare monthly statistics for Food Pantry, and send them to proper recipients
· Prepare grocery bags and distribute food bags to clients
· Take inventory of Food Pantry items and call in orders, must be sure to spend all HPNAP monies by deadline
· Stock shelves for the food pantry
· Sort all donated food, checking for and discarding outdated/damaged items
· Coordinate annual food drive by US Postal Workers
· Recruit volunteers for Social Service activities, and monitor them at all times
· Ensure proper volunteer paperwork is completed
· Assist in coordinating Annual Volunteer Thank You luncheon
· Coordinate Community Service individuals, secure/file proper documentation
· Report required documentation of Community Service individuals to County/City officials
· Assist in Application process of, Corps summer activities, as campers for Star Lake Camp/VBS programs
· Assist in aspects of public relations events and campaigns as assigned by the Corps Officer including the Christmas Kettle campaigns
· Oversee that all other Social Service programs are running smoothly
· Communicate to Commanding Officer any needs/concerns involving any Social Service aspect
· Organize and keep all files and records in order
· Answer phones and take messages in the main office
· Organize, coordinate and keep track of Corps calendar for Social Services, Community relations, Corps programs and notifying Corps Officer if conflicts arise.
· Sending in to DHQ time sheets for all employees of the Peekskill Corps
· Receiving all mail and sorting bills
· Making appointments/organizing contractors, utilities, deliveries and maintenance of Salvation Army property coordinating and under the supervision of the Commanding Officer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army reserves the right to add to, delete, change or modify the job duties. Employee may be required to carry out other duties as assigned.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
If you may be interested in applying for this position please apply online at: internal-usesalvationarmy.icims.com OR http://careers.salvationarmy.org/easternusa/ by the close of business Friday, January 29, 2021.