Apropos Restaurant at The Abbey Inn & Spa is actively searching for efficient and passionate front of house restaurant team members to join our OPENING crew! We are seeking experienced service staff from all backgrounds and skill sets to help make the opening of Apropos Farm to Table Restaurant a success.
You must be PASSIONATE about your work, able to work in a PROFESSIONAL kitchen with high standards, and ENJOY HOSPITALITY above all. We are looking for leaders with positive attitudes. Career advancement available for the right candidates.
The restaurant will open January 2020. Candidates will begin work immediately after the new year.
JOIN US AT OUR WALK-IN JOB FAIR!
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 17th, 11:30am - 5:30pm
LOCATION: THE HUDSON VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
1 S DIVISION STREET, PEEKSKILL, NEW YORK
Located on a scenic bluff overlooking the Hudson River, the 42 guest room Abbey Inn & Spa is currently being transformed into a world classdestination luxury hotel. The circa 1903 restored convent will feature AproposFarm to Table restaurant with seasonal outdoor dining opportunities, a 7,500s.f. luxury health spa with pool and zen garden, a fully restored original Chapeland events hall, a demonstration kitchen, and wine cellar, all on 60 acresof manicured walking trails.
Follow @TheAbbeyInnAndSpa on instagram and facebook for updates and check out @HayCreekHotels on Linkedin for more great opportunities!
- Greet, direct, seat, and serve guests in accordance with company service standards.
- Be thoroughly familiar with menu items, promotions offered, hotel offerings, and related materials.
- Complete designated side work efficiently and thoroughly. Clean and maintain all working areas and equipment.
- Assist in resolving any complaints, and communicate disgruntled customers to the appropriate supervisor.
- Reconciliation cash, accurately charge credit cards, and make appropriate cash deposits at end of shift. Complete all transactions using the Point of Sale system.
Hay Creek offers an extensive benefit and incentive package, including;
- Insurance Benefit package, to include Company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness
- Competitive Salary/Wages
- Competitive Paid Time Off Structure including Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay, Jury Duty Leave, and Bereavement Leave
- Standard Annual Performance/Salary Reviews
- Merit and Cost of Living Adjustments
- Complimentary Meals Daily
- Free Parking
- Employee and Friends & Family Lodging Discounts as low as forty-nine dollars per night at all HCH Properties
- Discounts at specific property partners (NEIRA, Historic Hotels of America)
- 50% Discount when Dining at any HCH Property
- Industry Discounts through Working Advantage (Entertainment Tickets, Hotels, Rental Cars, Outdoor Activities, Restaurants, etc.)
- Discounts at each of our Spas, Golf Courses, Fitness rooms/programs and other featured amenities
- Supportive, open-door policy work environment
- Work Culture that is fun, energetic and motivating
- Employee Recognition Program - 'Delight and Surprise Dollars'
- Accelerated Career Advancement to include professional enrichment, conferences & classes, and manager in training programs.
Experience and Skills:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must feel comfortable with technology. Working knowledge of a Point of Sale system preferred.
- 1 year serving experience in a high volume restaurant, fine dining preferred.
- Prior Wine/Liquor knowledge. Previous alcohol service training a plus.
- Ability to work in a constructive, team working environment with a positive, upbeat and customer-focused attitude.
- Proven success in handling large parties. Banquet/events experience a plus.
- Ability to operate smoothly under pressure and stress.
- Flexibility to work nights or mornings, weekends, holidays, and busy seasonal days (i.e. town festivals).
- May be subject to successful completion of background and/or DMV check.