The Abbey Inn & Spa is actively searching for a passionate, organized, and customer-focused Rooms Director to lead our Front Desk, Guest Services and Housekeeping team.
Candidate to be on-boarded in November 2019 for a January 2020 opening date.
The right candidate will be a hands-on leader, often working full shifts interacting with guests directly at the front desk. The ideal candidate must be willing and able to participate in daily duties to better the overall success of the team and ultimate satisfaction of the customer. Weekend availability for high volume days is required and expected.
Located on a scenic bluff overlooking the Hudson River, the Abbey at Fort Hill will have spectacular views of the Manhattan skyline and greater New York City. The ~50,000 s.f. circa 1903 former convent and Chapel is currently being transformed into a world class destination luxury hotel that will feature an award-winning destination restaurant with seasonal outdoor dining opportunities, a 7,500 s.f. health spa, a fully restored Chapel specifically designed for weddings, social events and functions, a demonstration kitchen and wine cellar, its own private pool and natural pond, 60 acres of manicured walking trails as well as a peaceful Zen Garden.
The Abbey at Fort Hill is located in Peekskill, NY, 25 minutes north of New York City in Westchester County. The property is destined to become one of the most notable luxury hotels in the country. Its 42 guest rooms & suites are situated in a classic stone mansion that is being meticulously restored while paying homage to its deep historic significance while infusing the most sophisticated modern design features and guest amenities.
The hotel will open January 2020. Follow @TheAbbeyInnAndSpa on instagram and facebook for updates and check out @HayCreekHotels on Linkedin for more great opportunities!
- Directly manage all front desk agents, night auditors, guest service associates, and housekeeping staff including recruitment, interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, coaching, disciplining, and motivating of staff. Consistently practice, lead, and train associates on all procedures and service standards.
- Have an expert working knowledge of hotel property management system (Room Master). Troubleshoot PMS integrations, load rates and packages, ensure all guest service agents are well versed in navigating the system, and verify transactions are posted correctly. Review PMS reports daily.
- Perform daily front desk agent duties including; communicate room availability, book and review guest reservations, operating multi-line phone system, check in/out, issuance of guest keys, verifying payment, and coordinating bell services.
- Lead staff by professionally handling escalated guest complaints, problem-solving, and follow up with all guest complaints, maintenance issues, and safety concerns.
- Have a thorough knowledge of local amenities, hotel services, shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions. Have full knowledge of all parking options, guest charges, and fees. Working knowledge of all rates, packages, and booking restrictions.
- Supervise all cash and accounting practices performed at the front desk.
- Maximize Yield Management. Oversee and manage forecast, schedule, and reservation transaction reports daily. Manage and maintain all third-party reservation sites and rates offered.
- Work closely with Sales department to develop creative packages and promotions to maximize sales and overall guest experience. Create personalized amenity options, working with F&B and Marketing team. Work with Corporate Media Manager to ensure promotions are effectively promoted digitally.
- Oversee housekeeping department. Direct Housekeeping Supervisor closely on all in-house room requests, issues, and room status’. Assist with Lost and Found management. Ensure Lost and Found procedures are followed accordingly.
Hay Creek offers an extensive benefit and incentive package, including;
- Insurance Benefit package, to include Company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness
- Competitive Salary/Wages
- Competitive Paid Time Off Structure including Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay, Jury Duty Leave, and Bereavement Leave
- Standard Annual Performance/Salary Reviews
- Merit and Cost of Living Adjustments
- Complimentary Meals Daily
- Free Parking
- Employee and Friends & Family Lodging Discounts as low as forty-nine dollars per night at all HCH Properties
- Discounts at specific property partners (NEIRA, Historic Hotels of America)
- 50% Discount when Dining at any HCH Property
- Industry Discounts through Working Advantage (Entertainment Tickets, Hotels, Rental Cars, Outdoor Activities, Restaurants, etc.)
- Discounts at each of our Spas, Golf Courses, Fitness rooms/programs and other featured amenities
- Supportive, open-door policy work environment
- Work Culture that is fun, energetic and motivating
- Employee Recognition Program - 'Delight and Surprise Dollars'
- Accelerated Career Advancement to include professional enrichment, conferences & classes, and manager in training programs.
Experience and Skills:
- Recent 3+ years Hotel Front Office Management experience required
- Strong background in Rooms Division, with natural customer service skills
- Strong experience in Property Management software (Room Master a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of revenue management and online booking agents
- Cost Management skills, with the ability to meet or exceed strict budgetary expectations.
- Hotel forecasting experience
- Comfortable with managing and leading a team with motivation, accountability, and regular follow-up
- Ability to establish a strong service culture and maintain high customer service standards
- Ability to multitask, adapt to change, think quickly, and prioritize effectively in a fast paced and demanding environment while maintaining calmness, composure, and hospitality
- May be subject to successful completion of background check and/or DMV check.