Apropos Farm to Table restaurant at The Abbey Inn & Spa is actively searching for a professional, friendly, and fast-paced Restaurant Supervisor to join our Food and Beverage team.
Located on a scenic bluff overlooking the Hudson River, the Abbey Inn & Spa will have spectacular views of the Manhattan skyline and greater New York City. The ~50,000 s.f. circa 1903 former convent and Chapel is currently being transformed into a world class destination luxury hotel that will feature an award-winning destination restaurant with seasonal outdoor dining opportunities, a 7,500 s.f. health spa, a fully restored Chapel specifically designed for weddings, social events and functions, a demonstration kitchen and wine cellar, its own private pool and natural pond, 60 acres of manicured walking trails as well as a peaceful Zen Garden.
The Abbey at Fort Hill is located in Peekskill, NY, 25 minutes north of New York City in Westchester County. The property is destined to become one of the most notable luxury hotels in the country. Its 42 guest rooms & suites are situated in a classic stone mansion that is being meticulously restored while paying homage to its deep historic significance while infusing the most sophisticated modern design features and guest amenities.
The Abbey at Fort Hill will open January 2020. Be sure to Follow @TheAbbeyInnAndSpa on facebook and instagram for property updates and @HayCreekHotels on Linkedin for future employment opportunities!
- Greet, direct, seat, and serve guests in accordance with company service standards.
- Be thoroughly familiar with menu items, promotions offered, hotel offerings, and related materials.
- Complete designated side work efficiently and thoroughly. Clean and maintain all working areas and equipment.
- Assist in resolving any complaints, and communicate disgruntled customers to the appropriate supervisor.
- Reconciliation of cash, accurately charge credit cards, and make appropriate cash deposits at end of shift. Complete all transactions using the Point of Sale system.
- Oversee staff on duty to ensure a smooth and positive guest experience.
- Lead hands-on training programs for all staff according to standard.
- Responsible for comp and void privileges for F&B staff. Ensure accurate processing of transactions.
- Complete additional tasks and projects as assigned by the F&B Manager
Hay Creek offers an extensive benefit and incentive package, including;
- Insurance Benefit package, to include Company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness
- Competitive Salary/Wages
- Competitive Paid Time Off Structure including Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay, Jury Duty Leave, and Bereavement Leave
- Standard Annual Performance/Salary Reviews
- Merit and Cost of Living Adjustments
- Complimentary Meals Daily
- Free Parking
- Employee and Friends & Family Lodging Discounts as low as forty-nine dollars per night at all HCH Properties
- Discounts at specific property partners (NEIRA, Historic Hotels of America)
- 50% Discount when Dining at any HCH Property
- Industry Discounts through Working Advantage (Entertainment Tickets, Hotels, Rental Cars, Outdoor Activities, Restaurants, etc.)
- Discounts at each of our Spas, Golf Courses, Fitness rooms/programs and other featured amenities
- Supportive, open-door policy work environment
- Work Culture that is fun, energetic and motivating
- Employee Recognition Program - 'Delight and Surprise Dollars'
- Accelerated Career Advancement to include professional enrichment, conferences & classes, and manager in training programs.
Experience and Skills:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must feel comfortable with technology. Working knowledge of a Point of Sale system preferred.
- 2 years serving experience in a high-volume, fine dining restaurant. Hotel environment experience a plus.
- Prior Wine/Liquor knowledge. Previous alcohol service training.
- HOTEL LANDING ONLY Successful completion of background and/or DMV check.
- Ability to work in a constructive, team working environment with a positive, upbeat and customer-focused attitude.
- Proven success in handling large parties. Banquet/events experience a plus.
- Ability to operate smoothly under pressure and stress.
- Flexibility to work nights or mornings, weekends, holidays, and busy seasonal days (i.e. town festivals).
- May be subject to successful completion of background and/or DMV check.