The Abbey Inn & Spa is actively searching for a detailed, organized, and tech-savvy Night Auditor to supervise the hotel and spa overnight from 11pm-7am.
This position is independent. The right candidate must have an acumen for accounting skills, can problem solve and use creative thinking to find solutions, and feel comfortable being the only associate on property overnight supervising safety and security standards.
JOIN US AT OUR WALK-IN JOB FAIR!
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 17th, 11:30am - 5:30pm
LOCATION: THE HUDSON VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
1 S DIVISION STREET, PEEKSKILL, NEW YORK
Located on a scenic bluff overlooking the Hudson River, the ~50,000 s.f. Abbey Inn & Spa is currently being transformed into a world class destination luxury hotel. The circa 1903 restored convent will feature Apropos Farm to Table restaurant with seasonal outdoor dining opportunities, a 7,500 s.f. luxury health spa with pool and zen garden, a fully restored original Chapel and events hall, and a demonstration kitchen and wine cellar, all on 60 acres of manicured walking trails.
The Abbey at Fort Hill is located in Peekskill, NY, 25 minutes north of New York City in Westchester County. The property is destined to become one of the most notable luxury hotels in the country. Its 42 guest rooms & suites are situated in a classic stone mansion that is being meticulously restored while paying homage to its deep historic significance while infusing the most sophisticated modern design features and guest amenities.
The Abbey at Fort Hill will open January 2020. Be sure to Follow @TheAbbeyInnAndSpa on facebook and instagram for property updates and @HayCreekHotels on Linkedin for future employment opportunities!
- Collect and organize all reports, receipts, and transactions for all property revenue sources.
- Reconcile all day-end revenue. Ensure transaction processing balances and expected revenue is collected.
- Populate Daily Revenue Reports and communicate accordingly to management team daily.
- Problem solve any accounting activity issues regularly. Resolve technical issues as needed.
- Manage all late-night activity at the property. Communicate and handle security concerns.
- Assist Guest Service Agents as needed. Ability to perform all Guest Service Agent duties including checking guests in and out, checking availability, booking reservations, and general customer service for all guests.
- Know and practice all safety and emergency procedures. Lead emergency situations such as evacuations. Adhere to and enforce key procedures. Secure guest valuables and lost and found. Manage all security concerns and ensure guest safety overnight.
- Complete additional projects as assigned by direct manager and/or accounting, including scanning of invoices, direct billing duties, report analysis, etc.
Hay Creek offers an extensive benefit and incentive package, including;
- Insurance Benefit package, to include Company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness
- Competitive Salary/Wages
- Competitive Paid Time Off Structure including Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay, Jury Duty Leave, and Bereavement Leave
- Standard Annual Performance/Salary Reviews
- Merit and Cost of Living Adjustments
- Complimentary Meals Daily
- Free Parking
- Employee and Friends & Family Lodging Discounts as low as forty-nine dollars per night at all HCH Properties
- Discounts at specific property partners (NEIRA, Historic Hotels of America)
- 50% Discount when Dining at any HCH Property
- Industry Discounts through Working Advantage (Entertainment Tickets, Hotels, Rental Cars, Outdoor Activities, Restaurants, etc.)
- Discounts at each of our Spas, Golf Courses, Fitness rooms/programs and other featured amenities
- Supportive, open-door policy work environment
- Work Culture that is fun, energetic and motivating
- Employee Recognition Program - 'Delight and Surprise Dollars'
- Accelerated Career Advancement to include professional enrichment, conferences & classes, and manager in training programs.
Experience and Skills:
- Recent 2+ years Hotel Front Office experience required
- Strong, natural customer service skills
- Experience in Property Management software (Room Master a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with leadership and managing a team with motivation, accountability, and regular follow-up
- Ability to establish a strong service culture and maintain high customer service standards
- Ability to multitask, adapt to change, think quickly, and prioritize effectively in a fast paced and demanding environment while maintaining calmness, composure, and hospitality
- May be subject to successful completion of background and/or DMV check.