Apropos Restaurant at The Abbey Inn & Spa is actively searching for efficient and passionate kitchen team members to join our OPENING crew! We are seeking cooks and dishwashers from all backgrounds and skill sets to help make the opening of Apropos Farm to Table Restaurant a success.
You must be PASSIONATE about your work, able to work in a PROFESSIONAL kitchen with high standards, and ENJOY COOKING above all. We are looking for leaders with positive attitudes. Career advancement available for the right candidates.
The restaurant will open January 2020. Kitchen candidates will begin work immediately after the new year.
JOIN US AT OUR WALK-IN JOB FAIR!
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 17th, 11:30am - 5:30pm
LOCATION: THE HUDSON VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
1 S DIVISION STREET, PEEKSKILL, NEW YORK
This farm to table kitchen is led by acclaimed Chef John Paidas, a CIA graduate with unique experiences in Baltimore, NYC, and Aspen. Chef Paidas is serious about his passion for culinary excellence, striving to build a team based on positive leadership, a great workplace learning environment, and creating a fun, intriguing culinary experience for our guests.
Located on a scenic bluff overlooking the Hudson River, the 42 guest room Abbey Inn & Spa is currently being transformed into a world classdestination luxury hotel. The circa 1903 restored convent will feature AproposFarm to Table restaurant with seasonal outdoor dining opportunities, a 7,500s.f. luxury health spa with pool and zen garden, a fully restored original Chapeland events hall, a demonstration kitchen, and wine cellar, all on 60 acresof manicured walking trails.
Follow @TheAbbeyInnAndSpa on instagram and facebook for updates and check out @HayCreekHotels on Linkedin for more great opportunities!
- Participate in all pre-opening scheduled training sessions.
- Learn and remain familiar with menu items and assume responsibility for all food rotation and proper timing of foods.
- Work closely with the Sous Chef and Executive Chef to ensure that all items needed are in stock for the menu.
- Coordinate with the Sous Chef and Executive Chef for food preparation, presentation and proper service procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness of workstation, kitchen area, and walk in cooler/freezer.
- Review prep list, check daily pars and maintain pars as necessary.
- Prepare food of consistent quality by following recipe and production/portion standards, per check from servers.
- Practice conscious knowledge of food allergies and all safety procedures.
- Operate, maintain, and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, waffle iron and flat top grill.
Hay Creek offers an extensive benefit and incentive package, including;
- Insurance Benefit package, to include Company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness
- Competitive Salary/Wages
- Competitive Paid Time Off Structure including Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay, Jury Duty Leave, and Bereavement Leave
- Standard Annual Performance/Salary Reviews
- Merit and Cost of Living Adjustments
- Complimentary Meals Daily
- Free Parking
- Employee and Friends & Family Lodging Discounts as low as forty-nine dollars per night at all HCH Properties
- Discounts at specific property partners (NEIRA, Historic Hotels of America)
- 50% Discount when Dining at any HCH Property
- Industry Discounts through Working Advantage (Entertainment Tickets, Hotels, Rental Cars, Outdoor Activities, Restaurants, etc.)
- Discounts at each of our Spas, Golf Courses, Fitness rooms/programs and other featured amenities
- Supportive, open-door policy work environment
- Work Culture that is fun, energetic and motivating
- Employee Recognition Program - 'Delight and Surprise Dollars'
- Accelerated Career Advancement to include professional enrichment, conferences & classes, and manager in training programs.
Experience and Skills:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One year of recent Culinary experience in a high volume, full service restaurant.
- Excellent Knife skills.
- Must continuously demonstrate a positive, upbeat and customer-focused attitude.
- Flexibility to work days, nights, weekends, holidays, and other high-volume days and times (i.e. town festivals).
- May be subject to successful completion of background check and/or DMV check.