The Abbey Inn & Spa and Apropos Restaurant is actively searching for an efficient, detailed, and self-motivated Lead Maintenance Engineer to join our team of opening professionals.
This is a Full Time salaried position. This is a hands-on role, requiring the engineer to be willing and able to participate in the daily maintenance duties of the property. Some weekend availability may be required.
Located on a scenic bluff overlooking the Hudson River, the Abbey at Fort Hill will have spectacular views of the Manhattan skyline and greater New York City. The ~50,000 s.f. circa 1903 former convent and Chapel is currently being transformed into a world class destination luxury hotel that will feature an award-winning destination restaurant with seasonal outdoor dining opportunities, a 7,500 s.f. health spa, a fully restored Chapel specifically designed for weddings, social events and functions, a demonstration kitchen and wine cellar, its own private pool and natural pond, 60 acres of manicured walking trails as well as a peaceful Zen Garden.
The Abbey at Fort Hill is located in Peekskill, NY, 25 minutes north of New York City in Westchester County. The property is destined to become one of the most notable luxury hotels in the country. Its 42 guest rooms & suites are situated in a classic stone mansion that is being meticulously restored while paying homage to its deep historic significance while infusing the most sophisticated modern design features and guest amenities.
The hotel will open January 2020. Follow @TheAbbeyInnAndSpa on instagram and facebook for updates and check out @HayCreekHotels on Linkedin for more great opportunities!
- Manage customer needs by responding promptly to all guest issues, maintain a responsive complaint program and address all work orders in an efficient and effective manner.
- Responsible for the proper operations and upkeep of all; electrical, mechanical, plumbing, HVAC, painting, tile work, laundry, kitchen, refrigeration, lighting systems, and all specialized equipment. Ensure compliance with city, state and /or federal code ordinances and maintain all required permits and licenses for entire facility.
- Cost effective management of equipment purchases or leasing, service contracts, repair and maintenance agreements, out-sourcing local 3rd party tradesmen, management and achievement of budgeted capital and repair and maintenance operating costs.
- Responsible for management of engineering/maintenance staff including; scheduling, employee relations, effective communication venues, coaching, evaluating and reviewing, hiring & training, and leading the team through delegation and accountability.
- Maintain department expenses within budget. Evaluate third party bids, code invoices, mange direct accounts, and ensure monthly checkbook accounting is complete and accurate.
- Develop & maintain preventive maintenance programs for all equipment, guest rooms, restaurant, public areas, parking garage and all other facilities located on property
- Leadership role in curb appeal, landscaping, and grounds maintenance in all weather conditions.
- Manage the hotels safety, security and health programs with local fire department, other emergency respondents and vendors to educate staff in areas related to; Energy conservation, Security protection, Safety awareness, loss prevention, safety manual, OSHA regulations, Right to Understand Law, safety committee, emergency processes and fire alarm procedures
- Adheres to all; health, sanitation, safety and security, laws, policies and procedures in the department/hotel.
- Monitors and ensures departmental compliance with all state and federal wage and hour employment laws
Hay Creek offers an extensive benefit and incentive package, including;
- Insurance Benefit package, to include Company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness
- Competitive Salary/Wages
- Competitive Paid Time Off Structure including Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay, Jury Duty Leave, and Bereavement Leave
- Standard Annual Performance/Salary Reviews
- Merit and Cost of Living Adjustments
- Complimentary Meals Daily
- Free Parking
- Employee and Friends & Family Lodging Discounts as low as forty-nine dollars per night at all HCH Properties
- Discounts at specific property partners (NEIRA, Historic Hotels of America)
- 50% Discount when Dining at any HCH Property
- Industry Discounts through Working Advantage (Entertainment Tickets, Hotels, Rental Cars, Outdoor Activities, Restaurants, etc.)
- Discounts at each of our Spas, Golf Courses, Fitness rooms/programs and other featured amenities
- Supportive, open-door policy work environment
- Work Culture that is fun, energetic and motivating
- Employee Recognition Program - 'Delight and Surprise Dollars'
- Accelerated Career Advancement to include professional enrichment, conferences & classes, and manager in training programs.
Experience and Skills:
- 3+ Years Engineering/Maintenance experience, hotel environment highly preferred
- Previous professional HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, or Construction experience a plus
- Familiar with web-based maintenance work order programs a plus
- Some Microsoft Office skills required, including experience with Outlook (email), Word, and Excel
- Proven communication, leadership and management skills
- Ability and willingness to be on-call 24/7 for hotel emergencies
- Clean work habits with great attention to detail
- Able to furnish a valid driver’s license
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively while maintaining calmness, composure, and hospitality
- May be subject to sucessful completion of background check and/or DMV check.