The Abbey Inn & Spa is actively searching for an efficient, detailed, and self-motivated Accounting/Human Resource Manager to join our team of professionals.
Located on a scenic bluff overlooking the Hudson River, the Abbey at Fort Hill will have spectacular views of the Manhattan skyline and greater New York City. The ~50,000 s.f. circa 1903 former convent and Chapel is currently being transformed into a world class destination luxury hotel that will feature an award-winning destination restaurant with seasonal outdoor dining opportunities, a 7,500 s.f. health spa, a fully restored Chapel specifically designed for weddings, social events and functions, a demonstration kitchen and wine cellar, its own private pool and natural pond, 60 acres of manicured walking trails as well as a peaceful Zen Garden.
The Abbey at Fort Hill is located in Peekskill, NY, 25 minutes north of New York City in Westchester County. The property is destined to become one of the most notable luxury hotels in the country. Its 42 guest rooms & suites are situated in a classic stone mansion that is being meticulously restored while paying homage to its deep historic significance while infusing the most sophisticated modern design features and guest amenities.
The hotel will open January 2020. Follow @TheAbbeyInnAndSpa on instagram and facebook for updates and check out @HayCreekHotels on Linkedin for more great opportunities!
- Manage all incoming cash that is received by associates at the hotel. Execute the administrative duties of the General Cashier including maintenance of all hotel banks and safes, issuance of new banks and contracts when required. Perform monthly audit of hotel banks and safes. Make daily deposits to local bank.
- Responsible for issuance and reimbursement of Petty Cash to all hotel employees/managers, processing reimbursements and preparing check requests.
- Acts as hotels’ Income Auditor and reviews Daily Report for errors, omissions, transpositions, etc. on a daily basis. Ensure proper posting of all revenues and statistic information. Organize and securely pack past files and code/label for secure storage.
- Responds to all Payment systems credit card chargeback requests and works with FD Manager and/or Restaurant Manager to rectify. Handle/Research all billing inquires/credit card disputes in a timely, efficient manner.
- Monitor year end Accounting/Payroll/HR Assignments. Confidentially deliver all reoccurring accounting reports to Hay Creek accounting resources in a timely manner.
- Administer payroll processing and maintenance of time clock system including; input and removal of employees, monitoring rates and codes, manage PTO processing, and accurate time keeping. Adhere to all payroll policies and procedures and DOL compliance. Responsible for proper storage and security of payroll and personnel files.
- Maintenance of time clock system including entry of new hires, removal of terminations, upkeep of all pay rates, and ensuring all time records are DOL compliant and accurate.
- Administer payroll processing. Independently process manual checks when necessary. Work closely with GM to ensure labor cost efficiencies.
- Manage and ensures accuracy of documentation for all current and termed personnel files, including PTO management, disciplinary, wage administration policy, new hire paperwork, garnishments, etc.
- Work closely with Corporate HRD to administer all insurance benefits to eligible employees. Ensure ACA Compliance. Process all benefit new hires, changes, terminations, and COBRA.
- Support all departments in all staffing and recruiting needs, including advertisements, job fairs, selection process, reference checks, orientation, and new hire training.
- Work closely with GM to manage consistency and accuracy of Associate Performance Evaluation policy. Participate in employee counseling and terminations. Ensure employee reviews and discipline are issued consistently, fairly and within an appropriate time period.
- Report and process paperwork for all guest incidents and workers’ compensation insurance claims. Ensure all OSHA Regulations are followed including OSHA 300 Log and SDS requirements. Ensure safe practices in all areas. Implement training for WISP, Bloodborne Pathogens, NH Illness law, Safety Initiative, and Right to Know Law.
- Lead and execute quarterly All Hotel Meetings/Parties. Manage HR bulletin board. Assist in reward and recognition programs.
Hay Creek offers an extensive benefit and incentive package, including;
- Insurance Benefit package, to include Company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness
- Competitive Salary/Wages
- Competitive Paid Time Off Structure including Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay, Jury Duty Leave, and Bereavement Leave
- Standard Annual Performance/Salary Reviews
- Merit and Cost of Living Adjustments
- Complimentary Meals Daily
- Free Parking
- Employee and Friends & Family Lodging Discounts as low as forty-nine dollars per night at all HCH Properties
- Discounts at specific property partners (NEIRA, Historic Hotels of America)
- 50% Discount when Dining at any HCH Property
- Industry Discounts through Working Advantage (Entertainment Tickets, Hotels, Rental Cars, Outdoor Activities, Restaurants, etc.)
- Discounts at each of our Spas, Golf Courses, Fitness rooms/programs and other featured amenities
- Supportive, open-door policy work environment
- Work Culture that is fun, energetic and motivating
- Employee Recognition Program - 'Delight and Surprise Dollars'
- Accelerated Career Advancement to include professional enrichment, conferences & classes, and manager in training programs.
Experience and Skills:
- 2-3 Years Accounting experience, hotel environment preferred
- Payroll experience required
- Previous HR experience preferred
- Familiar with web-based accounting systems
- Strong Excel skills required. Proven skills in MS Office
- Successful completion of background and/or DMV check.
- Proven communication, leadership and management skills
- Clean work habits with great attention to detail
- Able to furnish a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively while maintaining calmness, composure, and hospitality
- Successful completion of background check and/or DMV check.