The Abbey Inn & Spa is actively searching for an efficient, detailed, and self-motivated Housekeeping Supervisor to lead our Housekeeping team.
This is a Full-Time position. Expected regular shifts will include Mornings and Afternoons, on varying days of the week, typically including weekends. Weekend availability is required.
Located on a scenic bluff overlooking the Hudson River, the Abbey at Fort Hill will have spectacular views of the Manhattan skyline and greater New York City. The ~50,000 s.f. circa 1903 former convent and Chapel is currently being transformed into a world class destination luxury hotel that will feature an award-winning destination restaurant with seasonal outdoor dining opportunities, a 7,500 s.f. health spa, a fully restored Chapel specifically designed for weddings, social events and functions, a demonstration kitchen and wine cellar, its own private pool and natural pond, 60 acres of manicured walking trails as well as a peaceful Zen Garden.
The Abbey at Fort Hill is located in Peekskill, NY, 25 minutes north of New York City in Westchester County. The property is destined to become one of the most notable luxury hotels in the country. Its 42 guest rooms & suites are situated in a classic stone mansion that is being meticulously restored while paying homage to its deep historic significance while infusing the most sophisticated modern design features and guest amenities.
The hotel will open January 2020. Follow @TheAbbeyInnAndSpa on instagram and facebook for updates and check out @HayCreekHotels on Linkedin for more great opportunities!
- Assist in the cleaning and inspecting of the entire property, with the ability to perform all duties required of subordinate Guest Room Attendants, Laundry Attendants, Turndown Attendants, and Public Space Cleaners.
- Work closely with Rooms Division Manager to assist in the recruitment, onboarding, orientation, training, coaching and disciplining, motivating, rewarding, and terminating housekeeping employees.
- Investigate all guest complaints and maintenance issues. Responsible for resolving, responding, and adjusting operations as needed.
- Keep a thorough inventory of all guest room needs, linen, rooms glassware, amenities, etc. Place product orders timely and manage housekeeping costs effectively through vendor relations and appropriate ordering.
- Inspect all cleaned rooms by housekeeping staff, verify it is check-in ready. Communicate any discrepancies in room cleanliness to associates through constructive criticism and ongoing training.
- Determine daily room assignments. Review housekeeping reports daily for guest needs.
- Work closely with Sales team to ensure all public space and banquet areas are cleaned to standard prior to event guest arrival.
- Ensure HK storage is cleaned and organized at all times.
- Manage linen recovery program. Ensure laundry standards are followed and guest linens are of the highest standard.
- Ensure all guest room floors, hallways, stairwells, employee areas, and public areas are cleaned according to standard.
- Lead all Safety and Security policies and procedures pertaining to housekeeping, including guest room entry safety, key procedures, bloodborne pathogen procedures, and proper safety techniques used by staff.
Hay Creek offers an extensive benefit and incentive package, including;
- Insurance Benefit package, to include Company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness
- Competitive Salary/Wages
- Competitive Paid Time Off Structure including Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay, Jury Duty Leave, and Bereavement Leave
- Standard Annual Performance/Salary Reviews
- Merit and Cost of Living Adjustments
- Complimentary Meals Daily
- Free Parking
- Employee and Friends & Family Lodging Discounts as low as forty-nine dollars per night at all HCH Properties
- Discounts at specific property partners (NEIRA, Historic Hotels of America)
- 50% Discount when Dining at any HCH Property
- Industry Discounts through Working Advantage (Entertainment Tickets, Hotels, Rental Cars, Outdoor Activities, Restaurants, etc.)
- Discounts at each of our Spas, Golf Courses, Fitness rooms/programs and other featured amenities
- Supportive, open-door policy work environment
- Work Culture that is fun, energetic and motivating
- Employee Recognition Program - 'Delight and Surprise Dollars'
- Accelerated Career Advancement to include professional enrichment, conferences & classes, and manager in training programs.
Experience and Skills:
- 1 year+ cleaning experience in a hotel
- Proven ability to lead, train, and motivate a team
- Neat and professional appearance
- Positive, team player attitude
- Self-motivated individual
- Flexibility to work nights or mornings, weekends, holidays, and busy seasonal days (i.e. town festivals).
- May be subject to successful completion of background and/or DMV check.