The Abbey Inn & Spa is actively searching for efficient and passionate Housekeeping team members to join our OPENING crew! We are seeking Guest Room Attendants, evening Turndown Attendants, and Public Space Attendants to help make the opening of The Abbey Inn & Spa a success!
You must be PASSIONATE about your work, able to work in a PROFESSIONAL setting with high standards, and ENJOY HOSPITALITY above all. We are looking for leaders with positive attitudes. Career advancement is available for the right candidates.
The hotel will open January 2020. Candidates will begin work immediately after the new year.
JOIN US AT OUR WALK-IN JOB FAIR!
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 17th, 11:30am - 5:30pm
LOCATION: THE HUDSON VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
1 S DIVISION STREET, PEEKSKILL, NEW YORK
Located on a scenic bluff overlooking the Hudson River, the 42 guest room Abbey Inn & Spa is currently being transformed into a world class destination luxury hotel. The circa 1903 restored convent will feature Apropos Farm to Table restaurant with seasonal outdoor dining opportunities, a 7,500 s.f. luxury health spa with pool and zen garden, a fully restored original Chapel and events hall, a demonstration kitchen, and wine cellar, all on 60 acres of manicured walking trails.
The Abbey Inn & Spa is managed by Hay Creek Hotels. Visit www.HayCreekHotels.com/Careers to learn more!
Follow @TheAbbeyInnAndSpa on instagram and facebook for updates and check out @HayCreekHotels on Linkedin for more great opportunities!
- Report to supervisor for daily tasks and room assignment. Collect any information regarding guest requests, to-do items, and an accurate list of check-ins and outs for the day.
- Clean all guestrooms to the satisfaction of the housekeeping supervisor and in accordance with the standards and policies of the company.
- Keep cart inventory stocked and organized at all times. Maintain Laundry area and storage closets, keeping them cleaned and organized at all times.
- Ensure all guest room floors, hallways, and public areas are cleaned.
- Adhere to all Safety and Security policies and procedures outlined by the housekeeping department and the company.
Hay Creek offers an extensive benefit and incentive package, including;
- Insurance Benefit package, to include Company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness
- Competitive Salary/Wages
- Competitive Paid Time Off Structure including Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay, Jury Duty Leave, and Bereavement Leave
- Standard Annual Performance/Salary Reviews
- Merit and Cost of Living Adjustments
- Complimentary Meals Daily
- Free Parking
- Employee and Friends & Family Lodging Discounts as low as forty-nine dollars per night at all HCH Properties
- Discounts at specific property partners (NEIRA, Historic Hotels of America)
- 50% Discount when Dining at any HCH Property
- Industry Discounts through Working Advantage (Entertainment Tickets, Hotels, Rental Cars, Outdoor Activities, Restaurants, etc.)
- Discounts at each of our Spas, Golf Courses, Fitness rooms/programs and other featured amenities
- Supportive, open-door policy work environment
- Work Culture that is fun, energetic and motivating
- Employee Recognition Program - 'Delight and Surprise Dollars'
- Accelerated Career Advancement to include professional enrichment, conferences & classes, and manager in training programs.
Experience and Skills:
- 1 year cleaning experience required, hotel environment preferred
- Neat and professional appearance
- Positive, team player attitude
- Self-motivated individual
- Flexibility to work nights or mornings, weekends, holidays, and busy seasonal days (i.e. town festivals).
- May be subject to successful completion of background and/or DMV check.