The Abbey Inn & Spa is actively searching for efficient and passionate Maintenance team members to join our OPENING crew! We are seeking part time and full time landscapers, property maintenance workers, handy workers, and engineers to help make the opening of The Abbey Inn & Spa a success!
You must be PASSIONATE about your work, able to work in a PROFESSIONAL setting with high standards, and ENJOY HOSPITALITY above all. We are looking for leaders with positive attitudes. Career advancement is available for the right candidates.
The hotel will open January 2020. Candidates will begin work late 2019 or immediately after the new year.
JOIN US AT OUR WALK-IN JOB FAIR!
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 17th, 11:30am - 5:30pm
LOCATION: THE HUDSON VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
1 S DIVISION STREET, PEEKSKILL, NEW YORK
Located on a scenic bluff overlooking the Hudson River, the 42 guest room Abbey Inn & Spa is currently being transformed into a world class destination luxury hotel. The circa 1903 restored convent will feature Apropos Farm to Table restaurant with seasonal outdoor dining opportunities, a 7,500 s.f. luxury health spa with pool and zen garden, a fully restored original Chapel and events hall, a demonstration kitchen, and wine cellar, all on 60 acres of manicured walking trails.
The Abbey Inn & Spa is managed by Hay Creek Hotels. Visit www.HayCreekHotels.com/Careers to learn more!
Follow @TheAbbeyInnAndSpa on instagram and facebook for updates and check out @HayCreekHotels on Linkedin for more great opportunities!
- Manage customer needs by responding promptly to all guest issues, maintain a responsive complaint program and address all work orders in an efficient and effective manner.
- Responsible for the proper operations and upkeep of all; electrical, mechanical, plumbing, HVAC, painting, tile work, laundry, kitchen, refrigeration, lighting systems, and all specialized equipment. Ensure compliance with city, state and /or federal code ordnances and maintain all required permits and licenses for entire facility.
- Cost effective management of equipment purchases or leasing, service contracts, repair and maintenance agreements, out-sourcing local 3rd party tradesmen, management and achievement of budgeted capital and repair and maintenance operating costs.
- Responsible for management of engineering/maintenance staff including; scheduling, employee relations, effective communication venues, coaching, evaluating and reviewing, hiring & training, and leading the team through delegation and accountability.
- Maintain department expenses within budget. Evaluate third party bids, code invoices, mange direct accounts, and ensure monthly checkbook accounting is complete and accurate.
- Develop & maintain preventive maintenance programs for all equipment, guest rooms, restaurant, public areas, parking garage and all other facilities located on property
- Leadership role in curb appeal, landscaping, and grounds maintenance in all weather conditions.
- Manage the hotels safety, security and health programs with local fire department, other emergency respondents and vendors to educate staff in areas related to; Energy conservation, Security protection, Safety awareness, loss prevention, safety manual, OSHA regulations, Right to Understand Law, safety committee, emergency processes and fire alarm procedures
- Adheres to all; health, sanitation, safety and security, laws, policies and procedures in the department/hotel.
- Monitors and ensures departmental compliance with all state and federal wage and hour employment laws
Hay Creek offers an extensive benefit and incentive package, including;
- Insurance Benefit package, to include Company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness
- Competitive Salary/Wages
- Competitive Paid Time Off Structure including Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay, Jury Duty Leave, and Bereavement Leave
- Standard Annual Performance/Salary Reviews
- Merit and Cost of Living Adjustments
- Complimentary Meals Daily
- Free Parking
- Employee and Friends & Family Lodging Discounts as low as forty-nine dollars per night at all HCH Properties
- Discounts at specific property partners (NEIRA, Historic Hotels of America)
- 50% Discount when Dining at any HCH Property
- Industry Discounts through Working Advantage (Entertainment Tickets, Hotels, Rental Cars, Outdoor Activities, Restaurants, etc.)
- Discounts at each of our Spas, Golf Courses, Fitness rooms/programs and other featured amenities
- Supportive, open-door policy work environment
- Work Culture that is fun, energetic and motivating
- Employee Recognition Program - 'Delight and Surprise Dollars'
- Accelerated Career Advancement to include professional enrichment, conferences & classes, and manager in training programs.
Experience and Skills:
- 3+ Years Engineering/Maintenance experience, hotel environment highly preferred
- Previous professional HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, or Construction experience a plus
- Familiar with web-based maintenance work order programs a plus
- Some Microsoft Office skills required, including experience with Outlook (email), Word, and Excel
- Proven communication, leadership and management skills
- Ability and willingness to be on-call 24/7 for hotel emergencies
- Clean work habits with great attention to detail
- Able to furnish a valid driver’s license
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively while maintaining calmness, composure, and hospitality
- May be subject to successful completion of background check and/or DMV check.