The Emerald Peek Rehabilitation & Nursing Center is looking for a Chef who is creative and proficient in all aspects of food preparation to join our ever-growing team.
- Plan and direct food preparation and culinary activities
- You will maintain control of the menu and kitchen operations under the direction of the Director of Food and Nutrition.
- Modify menus or create new ones that meet quality standards
- Supervise kitchen staff's activities
- Assist with management of kitchen staff
- Rectify arising problems or complaints
- Give prepared plates the "final touch"
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and patients
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions and mature judgments.
- Proven working experience as a chef, preferably in an industrial or healthcare environment
- Excellent record of kitchen management, including patient or customer satisfaction.
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Capable of delegating multiple tasks
- Communication and leadership skills
- Keep up with cooking trends and best practices
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Voluntary Benefits
- Based on education and experience