Janitor / Maintenance Worker
Employment OpportunityGreater New York DivisionCorps Janitor/Maintenance WorkerPeekskill Corps117 Nelson Avenue, Peekskill, NY 10566
Section: Business Department: Peekskill Corps Status: Non-Exempt (Part-Time 20-29 HRS/WK) Salary Range: $14.00/HR Responsible to: Corps Officers Contact: Captain Moises Muniz
· Must possess a High School Diploma or the equivalent
· Must have a valid NY State Driver License
· Must pass all background checks for work with minors
· Must be flexible, having an ability to adapt to changing situations
· Ability to work well with others
· Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
· Experience operating varied tools.
· Ability to take initiative and good work ethic.
· Ability to lift, up to 50 pounds; standing or walking for long periods.
· Good communication skills, organization skills and able to multi-task.
· Knowledge of and commitment to The Salvation Army's mission and purpose
· Daily responsibility for the maintenance, cleanliness and order of the interior building.
· Snow Removal during Winter Season
· Landscape Maintenance
· Daily responsibility for the maintenance and cleanliness of the grounds, surrounding the corps properties including the parking lots, walkways, lawns dumpster area, etc.
· Assist in the direction / supervision of community service workers and maintenance volunteers
· Maintain order and organization in the storage & Pantry area.
· Assist in the maintenance and cleanliness of corps vehicles
· Assist in the acquisition, organization and distribution of donated and purchased food for corps programs
· Set up & clean for special events
· Assume seasonal full-time status (Christmas) for assistance with kettles and holiday programming and distribution.
· Other duties as assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army reserves the right to add to, delete, change or modify the job duties. Employee may be required to carry out other duties as assigned.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
If you may be interested in applying for this position please apply online at: internal-usesalvationarmy.icims.com OR http://careers.salvationarmy.org/easternusa/ by the close of business Friday, January 29, 2021.