Tompkins Excavating, a busy year round excavating company, is looking for a versatile, organized, self starter Field Supervisor.
Field Supervisor responsibilities include but not limited to the following::
- Report to both the President and Secretary; communication is of utmost importance
- Producing work, sequencing and assigning tasks, supervising the crew, and handling customer interactions
- Must have knowledge in sewer main installation with manholes, DIP water mains, drainage and drainage structures
- Must have knowledge in building and foundation digging and layout
- Reading plans, setting grades, layout and installation of all site aspects.
- Ability to keep up with daily paperwork
- Must have experience with grade lasers and pipe lasers
- Machine control and GPS experience is a plus
- Assist in job costing
- Assist with project scheduling , planning ahead and plan is communicated to the crew
- Run any and all equipment and trucks
- Managing work site with crews to bring in job on time and on budget
- Organize with crew what materials needed for project; order materials as needed
- Interaction with clients
- Make sure paperwork is turned in on the designated date determined by President
- Identify improvement opportunities and develop new systems to improve operations
- Assist in any and all aspects of completion of job
- Ensure crew understands the scope of work and schedule
- Focus to foster and encourage our company culture to build a team
- Attend any and all meetings scheduled
- Proficient and experienced heavy equipment operator
- Komatsu excavators, loaders, bull dozers, skid steers (must run CAT controls)
- CDL Class A with experience driving triaxle dump trucks and experience with a low boy trailer a plus
- Maintain OSHA Safety standards
- OSHA 10 minimum
- Any skills as an operator, mechanic, etc are a plus.
- Medical Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
Applicant must perform pre-employment drug testing and background check.
A SMOKE AND DRUG FREE WORKPLACE