About the Job
The ideal candidate is an expert brand and message developer with tremendous vision around content and voice, who can recruit key influencers and strategic partners, engaging a broad coalition of allies and advocates to help us become ta leader in the creative economy.
Position is part-time with opportunity to grow into full time. Salary commensurate with experience.
Key Responsibilities & Outcomes:
- Provide strategic vision and leadership of four key areas: content, social media & digital, PR/communications and partnerships.
- Design, build and effectively lead a team that executes against strategic priorities and goals.
- Create new opportunities for creatives and broader community action that can help amplify awareness and participation in the campaign.
- Leverage, recruit and manage relationships with key influencers, partners and agencies.
- Establish and lead strategic partnerships.
- Develop shared messaging that inspires decision makers about what we can achieve together.
- Oversee development an extensive library of online content in partnership with stakeholders who help amplify the diverse range of voices and perspectives affected by this issue.
- Expand content distribution exponentially, ensuring anyone can access the tools and curriculum to lead awareness and education programs.
- Develop common language, iconic statements and an educational framework about professional development with the goal of scaling a massive, standardized platform to nurture emerging creatives.
- Build a brand amplification plan that will enable us to significantly expand and diversify our base of participants over the next three years.
- Ensure consistency in brand voice across our various channels.
- Oversee optimization of our existing website and social communities to expand engagement, as well as to explore new strategies like SMS.
- Create platforms for measuring marketing metrics for acquisition and engagement across all channels to ensure we are achieving goals.
- Ensure PR efforts focus on amplifying the movement through placements in print, broadcast and online media as well as speaking engagement.
- Oversee traditional communications and media relations efforts as well as key influencer outreach and engagement.
- Ideally over 7 years professional experience in brand development, content creation, marketing, PR, communications, and/or related fields.
- Strategic planner and visionary idea generator.
- Proven track record of helping a brand expand overall awareness and user base.
- Extensive experience with content creation across formats (film, books, podcasts, blogs, etc.), and demonstrated creativity about how new approaches to content can help expand and diversify a base.
- Track record of successfully managing agency relationships and building partnerships to expand content reach.
- Experience building content marketing strategies that maximize reach across channels and to diverse audiences.
- Highly creative and visionary when it comes to brand, content, and voice.
- Expertise in integrated digital social media marketing campaigns & strategy.
- Experience building systems and teams; seasoned manager who can support and develop young team members.
- Experience thriving in high growth, early stage, entrepreneurial organizations.
- Brings credibility, access and existing authentic relationships to be leveraged to advance our work.
- Goals and metrics focused.
Personal Qualities and Attributes:
- Deep passion for IDARE/CreativesMX vision and mission.
- Demonstrates a generosity of spirit & predisposition to believe in positive intent in people; applies this orientation internally & externally (works against territorialism and us versus them dynamics).
- Energized by fluidity, and highly adaptable to rapidly evolving and changing environments
- “Light the world on fire”, action-oriented approach to work.
- A polished communicator and excellent writer, able to effectively articulate the case for CreativesMX support.
- High energy, enthusiasm, and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at once and to galvanize a team to do so as well.
- Collaborative, team-driven style.
- Superior organizational, time-management and follow-up skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset that embraces experimentation and can quickly pivot where required.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity; someone who views others with an assets-based lens, values all individuals and respects differences in regard to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance.
- Hands-on self-starters who can work in small teams with minimal support.
- Industrious, innovative thinkers who are as comfortable leading nimble productions as they are managing large institutional processes.
- Passionate about popular culture and interested in how fandoms evolve and behave.
- Committed to creating best-in-class work on each and every project.
- Multidisciplinary and willing to explore new channels and mediums – no two IDARE projects are alike.
About IDARE Enterprises
IDARE Enterprises, the creator of CreativesMX, is an economy development company based in NY's Hudson River Valley. CreativesMX is a new platform representing the best of the creative economy. Emerging artists, entertainers, innovators and entrepreneurs make up CreativesMX. We are a passionate group comprised of creators who have the vision and desire to connect creativity, culture, and commerce. CreativesMX is a community of emerging artists, designers and entrepreneurs, connecting creativity, culture, and commerce through networking events, meets and marathons.