About the Job
The Business Development Representative will be responsible for generating new sales for both exhibit space and sponsorship opportunities for the CreativesMX event series. The CreativesMX Marathon is a B2C multidisciplinary immersive experience held in the Mid-Hudson Valley (7 counties confirmed for 2018) targeting new and emerging creatives.
We seek a charismatic and tech-savvy business development specialist. Preferably with healthy pre-existing networks in any of the following: arts, media, entertainment, tech, tourism and small business, to help advance the market for our revolutionary creative economy platform.
Sullivan, Dutchess and Putnam county territories available.
- Develop thorough understanding of the CreativesMX platform offering and devise communication strategies to present our complete portfolio of products and services.
- Pursue target accounts, evaluate opportunities, build relationships and collect key information.
- Capitalize on all business development techniques: phone, email, association involvement, and networking to build relationships and create opportunities.
- Strategize and collaborate with internal teams to prepare RFPs and presentations.
- Provide weekly reporting on items such as prospect meetings, new opportunities, project development and targeted campaigns.
- Travel as required.
- This position involves marketing and selling to every level of the organizations in the areas mentioned above.
- Building on past relationships and general knowledge of these industries.
- Researching and developing strategies to win.
- Cultivating leads.
- Developing business opportunities.
- Interfacing with all stages of sales cycle.
- Facilitating the proper execution of sponsorship fulfillment.
- Prior experiences with sponsorships and event creation are also a plus.
- Must be charismatic, innovative, analytical, well organized, able to juggle many diverse and competing responsibilities simultaneously, and be familiar with all social media tools, analytics, and digital marketing metrics.
- Must be comfortable with CRMs, PowerPoints, business analysis, and sales solicitation.
- Must be a Closer.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Determination, patience and the ability to persuade through logical argument.
- Stellar attention to detail.
- "Can-do”, high energy attitude.
- Must be a good listener.
- Competitive base + performance bonus.
- Exciting, fast-paced and entrepreneurial culture.
About IDARE Enterprises
IDARE Enterprises, the creator of CreativesMX, is an economy development company based in NY's Hudson River Valley. CreativesMX is a new platform representing the best of the creative economy. Emerging artists, entertainers, innovators and entrepreneurs make up CreativesMX. We are a passionate group comprised of creators who have the vision and desire to connect creativity, culture, and commerce. CreativesMX is a community of emerging artists, designers and entrepreneurs, connecting creativity, culture, and commerce through networking events, meets and marathons.